11.08.2011

catching up.

I've been back in Paris for a week now since Spain.  Honestly, it's been a bit rough.  Rainy weather and getting colder.  The hardest part is there's not as much fun stuff to look forward to.  All of our big trips are done and all I can see in the near future is a bunch of school work.  Especially as Thanksgiving is approaching I really wish I could spend it with my family!

But there have been some really great things this past week!  On Saturday we went to Le Corbusier's studio and apartment in Paris.  It was an awesome space and was definitely cool to see.


On Saturday night, I skyped with my friends from back home.  Fortunately for me, they were all hanging out, "doing homework."  So of course I bothered them.  It was really fun and made me even more excited to be back in Chicago next semester.


My friend Peter also came to visit this past weekend!  He's going to grad school in Germany and had never visited Paris.  So I got to show him around.  It was really fun and despite the cold air and wind, it finally feels like fall in Paris! Walking through leaves makes me so happy!



This morning we headed out to Raincy, a Paris suburb, to check out a really amazing church by architect August Perret.  It was pretty amazing and one of my favorite churches I've been to here in Paris I think.  And although I didn't bring my camera, I was lucky enough to have one of my classmates lend me his :)



Oh, and I got a package from my grandma - candy corn and pumpkin cookies!  Plus, new socks from my mom.  So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment