7.27.2011

emi: the office

I thought some of you might like a little tour of the eMi office, Colorado Springs.  Every morning I wake up at 6:45am and after hitting snooze twice, I'm up and ready for action.  I get to work around 8:30am and first thing is morning prayer/devotions.  We gather as a staff/interns to read the word and pray for the other eMi offices around the world.

The front desk right after you come in the door.

Then, it's time for coffee.  And since it's usually hot outside already, it's iced and delicious.

I spend the rest of the morning at my desk, working.  Right now I'm drawing a stack of structural details for a project in Liberia that seems like it's never going to end.  I sit in the fish bowl, which is a great place to work.  The ceiling is all skylight above us and it's right in the middle of all the action.  The draw back is, although fun, it's extremely hard to focus.

The fishbowl!  My desk is the one at the very bottom of the photo.

All of the interns each lunch together, except on Thursdays when I have lunch with my mentor, Kate.

The afternoons seem long but when 3:00pm rolls around the interns take a "DP Break," named originally for those getting a Dr. Pepper, but now we just walk to 7e and get a pick me up.  My favorite is Rootbeer with vanilla syrup :)

The rest of the day usually goes by pretty fast and before we know it it's 5:00pm and time to head home.

Flags hang from the skylight.  I've never seen an office with more flags and maps.

I'm leaving for home on August 6 and I'll be driving the 20 hours by myself in my little yellow bug!  Please pray for safety for me on the roads: no mechanical troubles and good weather.  I'm really looking forward to spending a few days at home with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment