7.11.2011

i (love) chicago

I'm spending a couple of days in Chicago.  I flew out of Colorado Springs Saturday afternoon (thankfully dodging the storms) and I'll be heading "home" early Tuesday morning.  I don't know if I can really call Colorado home yet... I love Chicago.  A whole bunch.  I've really enjoyed just being back in the city, riding the CTA, catching up with some friends.  I love it here, and it feels like home.

This morning I went downtown to the French Consulate to apply for my visa.  After almost sprinting from the L to the right building, I made it and everything went smoothly.  Now all I can do is pray that I get it back in time to depart on August 17th!

This past week has been challenging.  I'm learning to trust and to let go, faced by challenges that are completely out of my control.  I'm learning about commitment and integrity too.  Knowing that part of growing  up is doing what we say we are going to and persevering through the trials. Because God's at work in the waiting.  Calling is a process.  It's more than just the sending out.  It's a singling out and a standing up.  And all along the way all God wants to do it spend time with us.  Draw us closer into relationship with him.

2 Corinthains 12: 8-9 "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.'  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

Why are you afraid, Gwen?  I've already won.

I have to be reminded of this, a lot.  I slip so easily into thinking my life somehow depends on me.  On my actions, my words and my performance.  But thankfully, it doesn't.  It's not up to me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Gwen! And for being so honest. :) I can't wait to catch up in person tonight! <3

    ReplyDelete