6.19.2011

denver, co

Yesterday, I fell in love.

Maybe I should explain.  My roommate Clare is from the UK.  She was a spring intern with eMi but stuck around for another project trip.  So yesterday, she headed home.  I drove her to the airport, trying to be a good roommate.  Little did I know I would fall in love with the city of Denver, Colorado.

Plans worked out perfectly for me to meet up with my good friend Jessica.  So I picked her up in Westminster and we headed downtown.  Our plan was to explore the city and see some good architecture.  Little did I know I'd meet the city of my dreams.  We parked behind the Capitol building and started walking.  Our first stop was the Denver Art Museum, designed by architect Daniel Libeskind.


It's pretty crazy.  We didn't actually go into any of the galleries to see any art.  Because I really just wanted to see the building :)


After that we found downtown and walked around for a bit.  The main street, 16th/Mall St is pedestrian only, except for buses.  And the bus is free!  So you can walk all the way down to LoDo (Lower Downtown) and not have to worry about walking back.  It's also lined with beautiful green trees and painted pianos.



There are also a ton of really cool pedestrian bridges scattered around downtown, which I love.  And there's an amusement park with roller coasters and water slides right beside the city too!

Basically, I can totally see myself in Denver and would love to live there someday.  I just loved the energy and the pace the city has.  Not to mention the beautiful rocky mountain back drop :)


1 comment: