5.24.2011

gabon tomorrow!

Orientation has been so great and I am loving life in Colorado Springs.  All of the interns are awesome (along with our two leaders) and we've already created tons of inside jokes and memories.  I've laughed so much in the last four days, it's crazy!  Even though I just met all of them, I'm going to miss them for the next three weeks.  Because our project trip is leaving early, we won't all be back together again until the middle of June.

Along with laughter, we have been so in the word this week.  And it's been so encouraging.  Towards the end of this past semester, I'd been so discouraged, forgetting and doubting God's love and care for me.  I was so wrapped up in serving and leading, and following Jesus had become so normal that I began to take for granted God's heart for me.  It wasn't fresh and new in my heart.  Yesterday we spent a ton of time looking at God's heart for the nations.  We went over passage after passage from the bible that describes God's plans and purposes for us.  In order to fully serve and love people in Gabon and show the people what God feels for them, I needed to be reminded of what he feels for me: "For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."  Ephesians 2:10  This isn't new.  God made me and he figured everything out long ago.

We are leaving for the airport at 5:30am tomorrow morning!  It's so exciting, but I'm also nervous.  I'd love it if you would join me in praying for myself and my team:  for health, safe travels, meaningful work with the ministry, good weather, safety in Gabon and peace.  I'm also just under $500 from my fundraising goal so please consider supporting me financially if you haven't yet and are able.


"Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.  Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong.  And may you have this power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is"  Ephesians 3:17-18

I love this verse and I really feel like this is what God is promising for me this summer.

Hopefully I will be able to post some updates and photos while I'm in Gabon.  Thanks for coming along on this journey with me!

1 comment: