8.24.2011

bones & catacombs.

My schedule is awesome this semester.  Which mean I only have class Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  Specially designed so we can enjoy Europe and the city of Paris.

Wednesday is the day to enjoy the city.  So my roommate and I headed down (literally!) to the catacombs of Paris.  20 meters below street level, the catacombs are over 2 kilometers of quarry-turned-graveyard from the 18th century.  It was a little creepy, but really cool too.



After we got back, it was time to get started on the first assignment of the semester.  Fall semester is always a struggle to get into the grove of actually accomplish homework, so it took a little motivation for me to get moving.  But I'm so glad I did.  I walked along the Seine to the Place des Invalides and back up through the Tuilerie Gardens.  It was a perfect night to walk, sit, and enjoy one of the most beautiful cities in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment