8.22.2011

it's not that different.

Europe.  Just the sound of it can make plenty of hopeless romantic teenage girls squeal.  But I've been here five days now and I can't help but think, it's not that different.

Yes, everyone around me is speaking french.  The streets are all brick.  My screen-less windows are always open and I'm not covered in bug bites.  But I look up in the sky and see the same moon.  My God hasn't changed.  "Conceptual" studio work still makes me anxious.  And my best friends are just a skype call away.  Even though I'm thousands of miles from home I'm realizing that it's not all that different from home.  Each place has it's jaw dropping sites.  It's all about perspective.


I eat a lot of the same foods I do at home.  Except for baguette.  I'm such a sucker for an .80 Euro fresh baguette when I can smell it a block away!


On Saturday night a group of us climbed the stairs up to the second level of the Eiffel Tower, something I've never done before.  It was fun, getting to be inside of the structure.  A really cool view of everything.


Back in front of Notre Dame, 6 years later.  It's crazy to think of how much has changed since then, yet how much is the same.  For example, I brought that same raincoat :)


It's a beautiful place, my friends.

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  -Matthew 6:19-22



2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie! Can you post some pics of your apartment? It'd be great to see where you've finally landed after all of your summer adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and oh my goodness your posts make me miss Paris! Eat a baguette for me!

    ReplyDelete