9.13.2011

being a berliner.

I wouldn't call myself a Berliner yet.  I'm still on the fence and haven't decided if I like the city yet... It's intriguing, but something about it feels a little off.

We drove back to Stuttgart on Sunday afternoon, after checking out the festival in Dinkelsbuhl.  Our first stop was teh Mercedes Museum, which was pretty cool.  Although I was definitely more interested in the building than the cars, although the cars were cool too.  After that we went to Weissenhof which is a housing project designed by the Bauhuas architects - my first Le Corbusier building!

After checking into our hostel we found a German restaurant nearby and I called it an early night.  The next morning was shopping in Stuttgart.  Which was really good.  Tons of stores and everything is way cheaper than in Paris.  So I ended up with a few things :)  It was fun.

That afternoon we hopped on a flight to Berlin.  We arrived an hour and fifteen minutes later and managed to figure out the busses and s-bahn system to get to our hostel.  Our hostel is so great.  It's really big with nice facilities.  One of those places that would be great to meet people if you were traveling alone or new to a city.  We headed down to the city center for a later dinner and found a cafe to eat outside under big square umbrellas.

Today felt like a really long day.  We walked all day and didn't seem to cover that much ground.  We did make it to the Jewish Museum by Daniel Libeskind, Topography of Terror, The GSW Headquarters, and Checkpoint Charlie.  Now, I'm exhausted.  But unfortunately I have studio work that needs doing :( 

2 comments:

  1. did you see peter in Stuttgart? i think he was there on Saturday? Germany seems to be the happening place right now... two of my coworkers are heading over there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see Peter in Stuttgart... I was in Dinkelsbuhl on Saturday and Stuttgart Sunday night/Monday morning. But I'm going to visit him in Weimar on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete