9.18.2011

weimar, germany

Yesterday, I left Berlin and arrived in Weimar.  It was about a 2 1/2 hour train ride, which I slept through most of.  I wanted to stay awake and get some work done, as well as enjoy the view, but it was so comfortable and I just passed out :)  I did wake up at one point and saw a couple of castles.  Germany is so beautiful.

Once I arrived I met up with my friend Peter, who is studying engineering at the Bauhaus University here in Weimar.  So he showed me all around the town.  It's a small town (actually about the size of Holland, my hometown) and compared to Berlin, it feels tiny.  But it was really enjoyable to wander through the farmers market and parks and such.  It didn't take long to see all of the sites so we ended up hanging out in the park for a while, before heading back to Peter's dorm for dinner.

I expressed my love of baking and it turned out that Peter had a bag of Tollhouse chocolate chips and all of the ingredients to make cookies!  So we made a batch and even though something was off with the butter, they were delicious.  I haven't had fresh cookies in so long.

The hostel I'm staying in is pretty nice and I got to sleep in - without setting an alarm - for the first time in a long time.  So nice.  It's raining today so I'm not sure what we'll find to do... probably just hanging out and hopefully getting a good chunk of my homework finished before heading back to Paris.

I'm really excited to upload and edit all of my photos and to share them, too!  I've been so blessed to have seen and experienced so many cool things on this trip!  On Friday, I climbed around inside of a bubble!

No comments:

Post a Comment