9.08.2011

germany in the morning!

The past week has been crazy.  It felt like second year all over again.  We spent all weekend in studio working on a HUGE model.  It's hard to explain the intensity of this model with words, so I'll post some photos when it starts coming together more.  But the point of the story is that I haven't gotten out much because school work has been overwhelming.

I did get the chance to see a little bit more of Paris through classwork, though!  The best part of school is that we really use Paris to learn.  Most of our assignments involve visiting different sites around the city.  This past week we went to see the Memorial for the Martyrs of the Deportation, The Grande Mosquee de Paris, the Promenade Plantee and le Parc des Buttes-Chaumont, to name a few.

Part of the memorial

A view of the Ile de Cite from the Ile de St Louis

Mosaic at the Grande Mosquee de Paris

A manmade cave in the Parc des Buttes-Chaumont
A building cut in half by the Promenade Plantee

In the morning we'll be on a train at 7h24 on route to Stuttgart, Germany!  I'm so excited to experience a new country, a bunch of new cities and to just get away for a few days!  I'll (hopefully) be posting a few blogs while I'm there, sharing a some of my adventures.  I'm packing light and not bringing my card reader, so photos will have to wait until I get back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment