10.14.2011

i miss, i love.

In honor of being halfway through my semester, I thought it was time for an "i miss, i love" post.  Inspired by my good friend Kristen, an eMi intern from this past summer.  So here goes.  A list of a few things I really miss from home.  But each is countered with something I love about Paris.  I have two months left and I know that one day I'll miss everything about this time...  So I'm trying to love all of it and enjoy every moment.

I miss baking.  We don't have an oven in the apartment, and I really wish we did.  I love making cookies and bread and pies and frittata.  Anything really.  Frozen pizza.  I feel so limited without an oven.

I love Baguette.  It's delicious.  So good with cheese, or jam, or just plain.  It's the best when you can smell it from the street and you go in an it's still warm and only cost .90 Euros.

I miss walking into a library, picking up the book i want and sitting down to read it.  I guess I've always taken American libraries for granted.  But here it seems like you have to jump through a million hoops to get one book from the research collection.

I love having assignments that make me read interesting books about architecture.  I feel like I've read more and learned more about architecture history and theory than the last three years combined.  

I miss my hair straightener.  I don't use it very often, but once in a while I like having straight hair.

I love the fact that my hair is getting longer.  Not being able to go to my usual stylist keeps me from making spontaneous decisions to cut it short, like I usually do.

I miss my hoodies from back home.  They're so warm and comforting...

I love the one "sweatshirt" I brought.  It's cute and comfortable.  And black.  Perfect for Paris.

I miss drinking a full glass of milk.  Milk is 1.60 Euros for 1L.  As a result I don't drink very much because otherwise I'd be buying it every other day.

I love Special K cereal with dark chocolate.  IT'S SO GOOD.

I miss my friends and family.  I love being able to talk with my close friends at all time of the day and call my mom on the phone whenever I have an issue.  I can't do that here...

I love that my parents were able to visit and I've gotten to see so many friends here in Paris.  I'm so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! How fun! I'm glad you're having a lovely time in Paris. And I have great news - you can listen to "Desole" in Paris AND once you get back home. haha.

    ReplyDelete