10.25.2011

madrid, españa

I totally love Madrid already.  We arrived on Monday afternoon and headed to Sol to explore the city center.  So much great shopping!  We found some delicious pizza for dinner and then a "Chocolateria" Basically churros you dip in warm chocolate.  Amazing.  It was a really fun night.

Today, we saw the National Archives building, Caixa Forum and Retiro Park.  This photo is from the pond in the park where you could rent row boats and row around.


This is the bathroom in the Caixa Forum.  My favorite color.  I loved it.  I'm pretty sure my reaction when I opened the door was priceless.  Grinning from ear to ear.


This evening we went to San Miguel Market.  It's a really cool place with a bunch of places to get tapas and drinks and stuff.  So we found some good food and just hung out.  It was a pretty chill night.

Tomorrow is another day of walking in Madrid.  Hopefully the rain will hold off, although I did get a great new umbrella which I'm excited to use :)

My battery is about to die and I can't get internet reception in my room at the hostel.  Not all bad though because it's going to be an early morning.  We're meeting at 9:00am...

No comments:

Post a Comment