10.02.2011

i couldn't have guessed.

I couldn't have guessed I'd have the opportunity to see so many people in Europe.  I never imagined that we would all be here at the same time and that our paths would cross like this.

On Saturday night, I had the opportunity to meet up with my friend Laura.  Laura and I worked at Camp Geneva together Summer 2010.  She was a Shores counselor while I worked Arts & Crafts on Shores.  She's studying in Aix-en-Provence this semester and came up to Paris for the weekend.  I was so happy when she Facebooked me!

Laura and I (with Kristen too!) at camp last summer on "Monochromatic Wednesday"

I was even happier that we were able to meet up!  We (Laura, her friend Caroline and me) grabbed some food at a little market and boulangerie and kicked it Parisian style: sitting in the grass at the Place des Invalides. With a great view of the Eiffel Tower.  It was wonderful just to catch up with Laura and talk about our studying abroad experiences and what we've been up to since camp!

Laura and I in Paris :)


That night was also Nuit Blanche in Paris: literally translated into white or light night.  It's this night that happens every year in Paris that all of the museums are open and there are crazy art installations and exhibitions going on all over the city.  Basically, everyone stays out all night and the city never goes to sleep.  Despite the crazy crowds, it was an experience I'm glad I got to have, everything from neon purple rain to French chanting and cheering on a jam-packed metro train.  And I got to share it with my beautiful sister in Christ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment